Wednesday, May 7, 2008

I wasn't tagged, but I'm filling it out :-)

So I've seen this on few beauty blogs and I think it would be fun to fill it out my own...so here we go:

My Foundation:
 Dior: Diorskin airflash foundation...light beige 200. I am in love with this product. Just a little bit goes a long way. It evens out my skin tone, but doesn't feel heavy. Love love. And surprisingly, even though it is aerosol, it lasts forever. My friend that recommended it said it would last about a month. It lasts about 4.5! I don't know what they were doing, but it lasts!
My Mascara: My all time fave is Chanel Inimitable. Amazingness in a tube. One day I was talking with my fave local Chanel girl, and I was telling her about how much I love and want Katherine Heigl's natural makeup on Grey's anatomy. I was describing how she looks like she's JUST wearing mascara. And the salesgirl suggested Inimitable. And what do I find out later on multiple occasions, Katherine Heigl uses this mascara! Love it!  But right now I am using Covergirl lashblast. Its pretty phenom. 

My top 2 LEAST favorite mascaras are the most coveted by beauty bloggers (not all) and magazines everywhere. 
1. Diorshow: CRAP IN A TUBE. Clumpy. Tarantula. Just bad. And it takes forever to take off. I don't understand why people like it. 
2. Mabelline Great Last. Same bottle since the 80s. Possibly earlier. This mascara DOES NOTHING for me. I don't understand why it still wins every beauty award. There are so many better mascaras out there in that price point. Max factor makes some awesome alternatives and the aforementioned Covergirl lash blast. WAY better. 
My Blush:  Right now I'm way into MAC blushcreme in Brit Whit. But I've also been mixing it up with my Stila convertible color in Gerbera. I prefer creme blush over powder blush. It lasts longer and gives a more glowing, dewy look. 
As far as powdered blushes go, NARS cannot be beat. My fave NARS blush is deep throat. 

My Eye Shadow:  Right now I've been kinda boring with my eyeshadow. I've been using a bunch of MAC products. Embark (a dark dark brown) for eyeliner, Vanilla on the whole lid, a taupey/mauvey (I don't know the name, its from a special edition MAC palate and I cannot remember what its called) color in the crease, and Magic Dust from the Barbie loves MAC collection on the browbone. Simple. 

My Day Cream: DDF Ultra-Lite moisturizing dew mixed with a little bit of Kiehl's moisturizer with SPF. Gotta have SPF.
 
My Lipstick: I don't wear it very often, but if I do, its probably Cargo. The Lindsay Lohan color. Yeah, I'm not a Li Lo fan anymore but I like the color. Its a fun pink. 

My Beauty Product Brand: I own the most MAC. So that I guess. I went through a period where I was MAC obsessed. Everything needed to be MAC. Now I've learned to branch out and pick items from many brands. I still won't touch Too Faced though. I tried it once. Not good times. 

My Essential Beauty Product: I have lots, but I guess if I have to pick ONE it would be a good foundation. But then I would look dead....smooth skin. But dead. 

My Favorite Makeup Product: I am in love with lip glosses. My current favorite is Stila Fruit Punch. 

My Perfume:  I've been switching it up lately, but my all time favorite/signature scent is Stella by Stella McCartney. 

My Nails:  Are terrible. I don't paint them. 

My Feet: I use L'Occitane peppermint foot cream at night and exfoliate them when in the shower. 

My Hands:  Any L'Occitane or Bliss lotion will do. 

Three Products to bring on a deserted island: A high SPF sunscreen, Facial moisturizer, and one of those Evian misting spray things. I hate being hot. Plus if I'm actually deserted I won't really care what I look like. But dry, hot, burned skin would not be acceptable. 

Woman I Admire for their Beauty: My grandma Jean. She lights up any room with her smile. I admire her for many things, her beauty is just one. 

Woman with the Best Sense of Style:  I have a girlcrush on Katherine Heigl. I think she has that "old hollywood" glamour thing about her. I've loved her since My Father the Hero and Wish Upon a Star. 
Also Kristin Davis. If I could dress/look like any fictional character, it would be Charlotte York. And Kristin always looks fabulous. She carries herself with a sense of confidence that never comes off pretentious. 

My Ultimate Dream: To have a fulfilling career, have a wonderful husband and family, live in a wonderful house in NE Portland, have time to travel, and wonderful friends to share it with. 

How Do I Define Womanhood: As one of the greatest gifts. Being strong and self-sufficient. Caring for others. 

My Favorite Fashion Publication: I prefer Elle over Vogue and In Style. But I'm really a Cosmogirl. 

No comments: