Monday, July 21, 2008

I forgot how much I love John Legend's voice.

My cousin David got married yesterday (very exciting, I absolutely adore his new wife. Sweetest girl ever!) and their first dance was to John Legend (I'm blanking on the exact song right now...oh wine bar haha) but it reminded me how much I love listening to him. The song might have been "Stay with you". It makes sense. Also, my fave of his songs. 

Love Love Love. 

Side note: I have the most awesome extended family ever. I absolutely adore all of them. On my mom's side there are 15 grandkids and the older group (of which I am on the lower part of, kind of in the middle, the oldest is 29 (I think...28 or 29 I am guessing) are all pretty close because we are only a few years apart in age. We have so much fun. Good times were had by all. 

My favorite random moment of the night:

My cousin Pat is 18. My cousin Kelsie is 19. At the table with my cousin Stephanie, Pat's sister, (23 almost 24) and I am 23. We provided them with wine. We don't care. Its a party. (Side note, I really rarely drink) There was champagne (or champs as the British people call it, as do I because I love British/European slang) being passed around. Everyone at our table got it (except for our 13 year old cousin). 

Uncle Paul (J'adore Uncle P. Seriously the most loving, caring and HILARIOUS man ever. He and Uncle George (Stephy and Pat's dad) are seriously the most genuine people you'll ever meet. Anyway, Uncle P comes by and says:

"Patrick, drinking champagne? Uh huh. I'm just gonna turn my back"...something to that effect. He was giving him so much crap. Gotta love Uncle P. He totally doesn't care. Kelsie said he gave her the first beer she ever drank. 

There were a lot of speeches. I anticipated this, so I barely sipped my champs, but pretty much everyone else ran out :-) 

Congratulations to David and Hannah! 

No comments: