Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Just another manic Wednesday...

I'm sitting here on my bed watching the Mets play the Phillies on ESPN. They better win today. They f'd up MAJORLY yesterday. Pissed me off. 

Its Wednesday and I realized I haven't started blogging about Project Runway yet. I wrote about most of last season, either on here or on myspace. 

There's too many designers to go over, so I'll just mention those that I like and those that I hope go home ASAP. 

Likes: 

Wesley (left) and Jerell 

Wesley is just adorable. I love his portfolio. His dress was cute last week. AND he worked for Marc Jacobs. Instant fan. 

Jerell is a no nonsense kinda guy. And I appreciate that. He had good work, he has personality, is bitchy (in a good way). I like. 



Kenley. She's so pretty! Great designer. Seems to have personality. I deeply wish I could have her hairstyle. Alas, due to my hair feeling the need to frizz all the time, not hold a curl (after I've straightened my natural curls with a blowout and then curled, if that makes sense) and the stupid cowlicks I have on my hairline (oddly my brother has the exact same cowlicks (3) and double crown on the back of our heads, and our parents have none of these), I cannot have bangs. Plus my hair is not that thick. I am jealous. 

Kelli. She won last week. I am either going to love her or hate her this season. So far, love. 



Keith. Sorry about the pic, I couldn't find a better one on Bravo's website. I don't know about how I feel about him as a designer yet. Last week's challenge is tough, because they made them use unconventional materials to make clothes. Those are my least favorite challenges to be honest. 

Anyway, after seeing a post on Project Rungay (link to the side, if you haven't seen this site and LOVE PR, read it. They are completely hilarious and spot on with their commentary), I love Keith. One of the other designer's model was not feeling well (I'm guessing low blood sugar, but who knows) and he went and got her water, and food and took care of her. It was really sweet. So obvs Keith is a good guy, and therefore I kinda have to root for him now. 



Korto. Her dress was phenomenal last week. Plus, I love strong African-American women. My aunt has been a teacher at MLK Jr. elementary school for 25 years and she has a great number of friends that are such amazing people. I deeply respect them and what they have overcome. Korto seems to be there to get the job done. 


Terri. I didn't love her portfolio, it seemed a little dated. BUT she made the most awesome knit top out of mopheads. So I've gotta give her a chance. I think she'll do well. 

DISLIKES:

Blayne. Lady, please. You are not hot stuff. Your work is crap. Girlicious is NOT going to happen. You are NOT Christian Siriano. Please stop tanning. Your skin is SCREAMING for help. You have terrible wrinkles at 23 as a result of your addiction. 

Sadly, I am almost positive that the producers will keep him around for drama. i.e. Vincent from season 3 or Ricky from season 4...they have  a pattern. 



Suede. Before the show even aired, I knew I would not like him. He refers to himself in the third person. Sad. His arm hair is confusing me in this picture. He has a terrible haircut. Honey, you're too old for that hairstyle. And P.S. Rat tails make me sick. Especially when they are dyed blue. Oh, and his work is not good. 


Jerry. Oh Jerry. You went home. I wasn't going to love him anyway. He was so over the whole reality tv thing. He was lacking in the personality department. And the serial killer outfit he made was just wrong. But Stella's trashbag hooker outfit was worse. Didn't Daniel Franco use trash bags for this challenge in season 1? And he got auf'd. She should have known. P.S. He also has a whacked out hairstyle. It was like a limp mohawk that kinda looked mulletty without being a mullet. 


Stella, dear, you're no Jeffrey from season 3. Go home. 

So that's it. Everyone else I am ambivalent towards. Can't wait for this season to progress. Although I feel as though it will go downhill when it moves to lifetime and LA next season. Sadness. 

Tonight Natalie Portman is the guest judge. She bores me in general, so I might not like her judging. Plus I never really was a big fan of her or her fashion sense. 


Finally, I just have to say ITS ABOUT TIME YOU BITCHES BROUGHT AUSTIN SCARLETT ON AS A GUEST JUDGE. I still think it was a big WTF? moment when he was voted off in season 1 and Wendy freaking Pepper went on to Bryant Park. I LOVE this little princess. I have yet to see a man or a woman with more perfect, bouncy hair and the secret to FLAWLESS makeup application. I LOVE. 

No comments: