Saturday, July 12, 2008

Reasons why today was awesome:

1. I spent some much needed QT with my best friend at Nordstrom looking at presale items for him. 
2. I purchased 2 makeup items that I honestly do not know how I have LIVED without. The Bobbi Brown Mauve face palette and my new favorite beauty essential Bobbi Brown long-wear gel eyeliner (I purchased Bronze shimmer ink today, but I wear Black Ink pretty much daily). I get pretty giddy over makeup products, but these seriously made me squeal with glee. 
3. My beloved Mets are FINALLY playing like they should be! They are on an 8 game winning streak!! Hallelujah! Their record is 10-2 for the month of July, that's pretty amazing. And, in the last 4 games, they have given up less than three runs...that's insane! Apparently according to the sportscenter peeps (yes, I watch it...shocking I know. I seriously HATED sports until last year) no team in the national league has done that since 1920! Amazing. I would also like to gloat that the Braves (I loathe the Braves) have a record of 4-7 (win to loss obvs) in July. HA! 

So that's all for now, I will post pictures later of my new mauve look...so excited! Also coming, a tale of my hair and how someone thought I permed it...a sad but true story. 

xx, 

Nicole 

P.S. I forgot to mention the men's sale items. What has happened to Nordstrom? SERIOUSLY. WTF? My friend Drew described it perfectly "it's becoming SO VEGAS". 

Grant is a bit of a shopaholic. Normally he has at least 5 bags FULL of items from the anniversary sale. This year, he'll have ONE BAG. Just a few tees, a pair of jeans and a pair of shoes (which BTDubs I totally KNEW he would want. Amber (the salesperson that Grant is friends with from his days as a Nordstrom employee, who always helps him with presales) brought out the shoe catalogue for me to look at while he was in the dressing room and I said "oh, he'll like those" and then he bought them. I probably could have gone through the whole sale area and picked out the items Grant would buy. I know him too well. 

Anyway, the Vegas effect is in full force at Nordstrom. You could also call this the "Ed Hardyfication" of Nordstrom. WHY DO PEOPLE WEAR THAT STUFF? Grant and I had a big laugh trying on the Ed Hardy trucker hats. Trucker hats were not acceptable in 2003 and they are REALLY not acceptable in 2008. Seriously...look at what Christian Audigier puts out into the market:

Ladies Sunglasses: I think I'll stick to my beloved Chanels. Thanks. Which, BTDubs, I bought 3 years ago, and they are classic and I bought them for the same price as these pieces of crap (the price has gone up on the Chanels now, but STILL. Come ON). 

One of the hats that Grant and I tried on today. I couldn't find a picture of the hideous brown one though. It was bad. 

Yes. That's a chain attached to a shoe. 


SICK. 



I've seen these on someone before. I nearly threw up. 



This shirt is $92...full price. Sale price $59.90. That's a lot of money to look douchey. And yes, that is an adjective. I love how annoyed the model looks. He's thinking "GET THIS OFF OF ME". He's so over it. As my friends and I would say "He does not have an Ed Hardy facial structure"...basically meaning this guy does not look like the type that would wear Ed Hardy...ever....

$154... you've GOT to be kidding. Go to American Apparel if you want a cute hoodie. I guarantee its way better quality and you could buy 3 of them for that price. 


So that's my little side rant about my hatred for Ed Hardy clothing. Remember that episode of SATC where Carrie is having dinner with Berger and then Charlotte comes over from her bad date and they are discussing their guidelines for dating? i.e. Charlotte won't date anyone that gives her carnations and Carrie won't date anyone that wears Docksiders/Topsiders (in general)...well mine are Ed Hardy and of course Crocs. 





No comments: