Friday, February 15, 2008

I'm lovin' it...

So I thought I'd post a blog about beauty products that I'm LOVE LOVE LOVING right now. I'm kind of obsessed with beauty products. Whether its makeup, bath products, haircare, or my new obsession skincare, I'm obsessed. (Side note (I do these a lot I've noticed) I got a MAC giftcard from my parents for Valentine's day, I am super excited about it).

So here's some things I love right now.
1. L'Occitane Verbena Shower Gel



I am kind of in love with this stuff. It smells SO good. Very citrusy and I like that in a shower gel. It makes my skin feel so clean and soft. I literally don't feel the need for lotion afterwards. A little bit goes a long way. So, while its kinda expensive for body wash, $20 for 8.4 oz, it is well worth it. I haven't even used a third of it, and I've had it since before Christmas. And, as a girl that usually ODs on bath products, that is amazing. Especially since I use it EVERY day.

2. Kiehl's Epidermal Re-Texturizing Micro Dermabrasion


Oh. My. Goodness. This stuff WORKS. My skin feels amazing. I got a sample of this the other day and I am in love with it. I am buying it ASAP, but I still have a lot of the sample left. One of my co-workers said my skin looks brighter. Mission accomplished! I get really dry skin around my nose and this really helps. Plus, you know, I'm pushing the big 2-3 and I don't get carded anymore (not shocking, since people thought I was 21 when I was 16. I was offered booze with meals more than once) so I need to start the anti-aging process (totally being facetious).

Also I love the Kiehl's store on 23rd. They are awesome. They will give you a sample of anything and its not a one time use sample. I've used this stuff 3 times already, and I probably have about 3 more uses. They also gave me a sample of the Centella Recovery Skin Salve that you're supposed to use after the micro dermabrasion process. I'm not sure if I really needed it. It was kinda greasy, but I guess that's the point. So I dunno if this stuff is worth buying.

3. Bliss Triple Oxygen Instant Energizing Mask



I know why the spa is called Bliss, because I am in pure bliss with this product. Seriously. Screw having a valentine. This can be my valentine. You put this on, and it kinda tingles a little bit and foams up. Leave it on for 5 minutes, no longer, they said its not necessary, but I wish I could, and rinse. Seriously. My face feels so amazing after this. I wish I could be dipped in a giant tub of this stuff. If it weren't expensive, I might attempt this. This product is an at-home version of the spa in NYC's famous Oxygen Facial. When I go to NYC, I might have to splurge and go there. Heaven in a bottle. It has a lot of Vitamin C, so it smells citrusy amazing.

4. Dior 'Diorskin' Airflash Spray Makeup



So my friend Drew (yes, Drew is a man, don't judge gay men that wear foundation. So not a drag queen. He just loves flawless skin, as do I. And I can't even tell he's wearing anything) got me hooked on this stuff. Its expensive, so I dunno if I'll buy it again. But its lasted so long! Drew said it may last me a month. Its lasted 2. And I can't tell whether or not I'm running out. That's the bad thing about aerosol. It can be confusing if its such a small bottle. I just spray some of this on a wedge sponge and smooth on. It is SO LIGHT and so fresh looking. Plus I am excited that my paleness is not the lightest color they offer. I saw a lighter one at Sephora. So there. I am always the palest in everything else. I used to use Dior Sculpt, and I find that that one stays on longer, plus the bottle lasted over 6 months. No way I can squeeze that much out of this little can.

I love how Carmindy (the FABULOUS makeup artist on What Not to Wear. Kinda obsessed with her) uses aerosol foundation. She uses Classified Cosmetics (which Drew used to order online, because it isn't sold here, and he said he prefers Dior) but it is the same concept. I like harnessing my inner Carmindy when doing my makeup.

So I have a dillema. To buy again or not to buy again. That is the question. Drew has moved on to Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer. I dunno if I wanna go that route. I am debating. I'll sample it I guess. Spray foundation is just SO fun! Also, it smells good. Sometimes foundation smells like old lady. Dior sculpt did. But Dior Sculpt was so good! I think it was just a little to heavy for me. I don't really have much that needs covering up, I just need to even out.

5. MAC Studio Finish SPF 35 Concealer


*SO NOT MY COLOR* I'm NW 15 (PALE PALE PALE).

Foundation, eyeshadow, mascara, they can all come and go. This concealer is forever. Wears so long. Covers so much. Only $14.50. LOVE IT. I've been using this for years. I tried other concealers and nothing compares. Seriously. I can't say much more about it.

6. Max Factor Volume Couture Waterproof Mascara



Any beauty obsessed girl will tell you that mascara is one of the most important things to have in your makeup repertoire. I have loved many mascaras. I switch it up based on when I need new ones. This one I've bought a few times, and I am in love with it. It is black black black. I love that in a mascara. I think I could not wear eyeliner and it would still look amazing.

The iFX brush is awesome. Application is so easy. And it delivers the volume. I haven't tested out the waterproofness though. It doesn't rub off easily though. Which is amazing.

7. Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion



I read about this on Beauty Addict. Creasing in shadows has always been a problem for me. In general I HATE Urban Decay. It reminds me of 1998. But this is the best primer ever.

The packaging sucks though. I guess it ends up being wasted product, but Beauty Addict read on Clumps of Mascara, how to disassemble it and get more bang for your buck! Its not expensive anyway, but probably about half of it is wasted if you don't cut it open. Stupid.

But the product is fab!

Well that's all for today, I'm sure I'll have more obsessions to post about!

xx,

Nicole

No comments: