Thursday, February 14, 2008

Project Runway is detrimental to my health




I think I had a minor stoke last night at the end of PR. For reals.

Ah. The judges drive me NUTS.

Okay, so the designers got to go to the Metropolitan Museum of Art and look at three exhibits. Fabulous. I am SO jealous. I cannot wait to go there. When I go to NYC, I'm not sure if I'll be able to go to both there and the Museum of Modern Art, but I would love to do that. If I had to chose, the Met. Definitely the Met. I love "the Mets" so I can't go wrong. Plus, according to my dream man, Tim Gunn, the Met is kind of like his church, and he goes there all the time. Love it. (Tim also wore a damn sexy pinstripe suit last night. He looks fabu in stripes. It is making me forget the time when they made him wear denim. Its just not right. The man belongs in suits!)







So they got to take pictures of the art and pick one as inspiration. One of the exhibits was the Greek and Roman sculpture area. Come on. You can't criticize Rami for draping a Grecian dress, (again, even though he always does it) when you let them go to that exhibit. Its like taking a kid into a candy store and not letting them eat candy. Mean.



Roberto Cavalli was the guest judge. I hate guest judges, in general. He is so weird. I can never understand what he is talking about. I remember an episode of the girls next door where he was having dinner with them. Comedy ensued as Kendra (I cannot stand her, but this was funny) explained to him (he's Italian obviously) that the best Italian food was from the Olive Garden. Not so much. The Olive Garden is fabulous, don't get me wrong. But its so not real Italian food. I have Italian relatives. Yeah. Not even close. REAL Italian food is so so much better.

Speaking of Italian food, I had dinner with my sister, Lindsay at the restaurant where she works last night. It was very very yummy. Its called Tucci, in Lake Oswego. The sea bass and calamari were amazing. As was everything else.

Anywhozzles, here are the looks:




Chris. Ok. Its nice. BUT. He basically
1. Made the same thing he did in the Avant Garde challenge with Christian (and that dress was better)



2. Made the same dress that was in the painting.
Its a little costumey for my taste. I like Chris as a person, but he doesn't have the best taste level as a designer. He is a freaking drag queen that designs for drag queens. Plus I've seen his Bryant Park collection, and it is weak sauce.


Christian. Uhm. He won. And I get WHY he won. Its DRAMATIC. But it seriously looks exactly like the painting. I mean exact. There's something to be said for well made clothes. Christian clearly has a point of view, puffy sleeves (I love how on my fave PR blog, Project Rungay, they call him "Princess Puffysleeves"). He seriously does it every time he can. And its good, don't get me wrong. The judges peed their pants with excitement over this. Yes its couture. But I also think its really ridiculous. And he has the most fug model ever. Seriously, I see this girl, and I cringe. Her face is fugged up. She looks like Nelly Furtado's ugly cousin whose parents were brother and sister.





Seriously. Troll like.


Sorry, I'm mean. But I get so bored of the models on this show. Heidi always says its a competition for them as well. Not so much. They act like it matters who wears these clothes. It really doesn't matter who their model is. And this season they didn't use them in 4/11 challenges. The menswear challenge, the now skinnier women challenge, prom dress and WWE tranny girls, I mean "WWE Divas". Stupid. There has never been a designer eliminated because their model sucks. The models aren't even interesting anymore. They don't show their personalities, if they have them. In season 1 and 2 there was model drama. But not anymore. The models have also become consistently less pretty since then. Except Nazri last season. She was beyond fierce.



I digress, I hate this look, but I see why it won. I think he might win the whole thing, because his Bryant park collection is a bunch of stuff like this. I like Christian, he cracks me up. But honestly, I don't like his collection that much.



Sweet P. was auf'd this week. Her painting was of a peacock. This reminds me of the NBC peacock. I agreed with Michael Kors (as usual, he really is the one judge who I think knows the most about fashion, and what its like to be a designer. Heidi=model, wears clothes Nina=bitch who puts clothes in magazines). MK said that its cute, wearable, commercial, but it has no wow factor. After seeing her Bryant Park collection, I agree. (she is the doppleganger this season). Its just kinda blah. Cute but blah. I wanna see a show if I'm gonna watch a fashion show!
(Side note, when I got this pic from Bravo.com, they had a typo. It said "sweat P". Tehehe it made me happy, because its a major website, and it makes me feel better if I have typos on my tiny little blog).


Jillian. I love this so much. I mean really so much. I think it should have won. It was like the painting she chose, meaning I could see where it came from, but it was not a direct copy. EVERYONE else made pretty much a duplicate. The back of this jacket is amazing. Those pleats in the skirt are GORGEOUS. I love Jillian. I hope she wins the whole thing. Her Bryant park collection is my overall fave.

The funny thing about this ep was that they ripped Rami a new one for draping all the time. All of the designers repeat their aesthetic over and over.
Rami drapes.
Christian puffs sleeves.
Chris creates drag costumes
Jillian makes amazing intricate jackets and loves short skirts.
Sweet P makes cute, simple dresses.

So get over yourself judges.




Rami. I have stated before my love for Rami. Yes. He drapes all the time, and I do want to see something else. But he does it damn well. I wish I had a picture of the back of this dress. It was heaven. Also note HOW MUCH PRETTIER his model is. The judges are so mean to him.
Again, kid:Rami candystore:draping. But its pretty. Chris made the same thing too! So its even I guess. But I like Rami's way more. The judges decide not to make it a double elimination. Chris and Rami both get to create collections for fashion week, but have to pick their three strongest looks to show the judges before the runway show.

Initially though, when Rami and Chris were both left on the runway, I was freaking out. Hence, mini stroke. Heidi says "Chris, you're in" and I was like "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO How could you do this???" But then she said "Rami, you're also in". Ok. Whew. Reminded me of last season though, when they almost got rid of my love, Michael Knight. That was a bad day. So they will have only 3 during fashion week. I am confident that Rami will make it. But I do like Jillian's overall collection best. I hope she wins, but really anyone could. I am so excited for Victoria Beckham to be the guest judge. I mean, who could be more perfect for that job? I think she should be a full time judge. Replace Nina. Nina Garcia smokes crack. And crack is whack yo.

Reunion show next week! I can't wait. I get to see my beloved JACK MACKENROTH! I love him! He better win the fan favorite, I voted for him bunches.

Also I am so happy that the writers stike is over. Even though, my fave shows won't be back on for a while, at least I know they're coming.

xx,

Nicole

No comments: