Thursday, February 7, 2008

Spandex house?

Oh goodness. Hearing my beloved Tim Gunn say "we're going to Spandex House" on Project Runway last night made me die a little inside. I think Tim Gunn is also a little bit upset about it. Seeing Tim in a WWE ring was one of the weirdest things EVER on PR.


Poor thing.

That being said. This challenge was both ridiculous and fabulous. My favorite costume was Jillian's:

At this point, I am pretty sure she will make it to Bryant Park, which is great because I love her.

Christian was also pretty freaking fabulous: He definitely made the most pieces. He is fierce, as he so frequently says (and he makes Tim Gunn say it ALL the time, which is awesome. Tim Gunn saying fierce is the fiercest thing ever), and he made this girl look pretty fierce as well. P.S. Christian saying that his character (if he were in the WWE) would be named ferroshia couture (or something like that) and her power would be spraying girls in the eyes with hairspray, was freaking brilliant!



Chris won this challenge, and I agree. His outfit was perfect for the challenge. He is a costume designer that frequently makes costumes like this (mostly for drag queens though). If he didn't win I would have been worried. Even though it is way tacky, I love the sparkly fabric. I'm a girl, and also a big fag hag...therefore I love sparkles. The picture doesn't show it too well though.


Rami is too classy for this challenge. He really didn't have a chance to succeed. I doubt he's ever touched spandex before. I could care less though. He's safe and that's all that matters. Honestly this challenge has nothing to do with what he is capable of doing. This really isn't fashion.



Sweet P also didn't do very well. She is ok as a designer, but I don't think she's final three material. Not yet. I like HER as a person though.




And for the best news of the night....RICKY WAS AUF'D!!!!!!!!! I am so excited about this. He has been mediocre to poor the whole season. How the heck did he make it to the final 6?

He made a flippin' bathing suit. One that you can seriously buy at Macy's. Cute as a bathing suit, way wrong for this challenge. And hello? Ricky, uhm you are a LINGERIE designer. This should have been easy for you.

And can I please point out that her hair is atrocious. Poor girl. That was not a good look in the 80s. And its WORSE now.

He's gone though. All is right with the world.

Heatherette were the guest judges. That is so perfect. I can't stand them. Their clothes are meant for the WWE though. They are SO SO SO over the top and trashy, its not even funny.

I'm pretty sure Heidi Klum was wearing one of their designs last night....its pretty demure for them. Still ugly though:

It takes a lot of work for me to not like what she wears. I love her. I can't find a picture of it, but the sparkly red dress she was wearing in the beginning of the episode was amazing. If that's Heatherette (I doubt it), I would be shocked. Heidi is probably the only model I could give a crap about. She's not overrated like Gisele or Kate Moss or someone like that. Tyra is even kind of overrated...but I digress...

That's all for my PR recap!

xx,

Nicole

No comments: