Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Biatchery=my new favorite word...ever.

Seriously. Genius. BIATCHERY. Try and use it in a sentence today. 

Last night Legally Blonde: the search for the next Elle Woods FINALLY got interesting. Its about damn time. Ok, so I think it was only the 3rd or 4th episode, but STILL. 

I planned on sticking through it even if it sucked, but I would prefer that it be entertaining. 

I LOVE that musical. Laura Bell Bundy is genius in the role. So hilarious, talented, adorable. The PERFECT Elle. BUT of course, nobody can do that job forever. So when I heard about this show I was ELATED. I love this kind of stuff. I never watched that Grease musical reality show, because I didn't care. But this, I CARE. 

So here's a rundown of the girls that were left as of last night's episode. I DO NOT agree with the girl that was voted off. 


Autumn. She's ok. Her voice is decent. But I don't think she is the next Elle Woods. 

Bailey. She's an adorable southern Bell. I am deeply envious of her hair. But that's beside the point. She could pull this off. Her voice is pretty strong. But she can get a little twangy from time to time, being from South Carolina is her biggest challenge. Because her natural accent is THICK. 


Cassie S. (there was another Cassie that got voted off last week). 

SUCKS. If the term BIATCHERY applies to ANY of the girls, its her. (You can even tell from the smirk she's giving in the picture). She is SO PRETENTIOUS. Which I hate. She blames others for her faults. She thinks she is the best, when her voice is way below the level that it needs to be. In the challenge where they had to sing while riding stationary bikes to demonstrate the stamina needed for Broadway she suuuuuuuuuucccccked! The absolute worst. She actually said "I was kind of psyched because everybody was having a really hard time with it, and it kind of felt like a piece of cake for me". I hope that was taken out of context. If I can find a clip, I will post it. Ugh this girl should have gone home. But that's what makes for good reality tv. I am sure that she won't win (she simply doesn't have the talent), but still...she just BUGS ME. 

After she didn't win that challenge (and the girl that did picked her to share the prize, meeting Orfeh and getting manis/pedis with her) she said "It was so bittersweet like that Lauren had won because I had really wanted to win. And I totally didn't want to go on like oh a charity pick". Ungrateful. Obvs the villan of this show. 


Celina. This is a weird picture of her. Really weird. I didn't even recognize her. Anyway, she's ok. But not for this part. Not sure for what part. She's just a little odd....



Emma. I like her. She's got Broadway in her blood (literally, she grew up around it). Her voice is not the best, but overall I think she's got a lot of good qualities. She just needs to be less NYC harsh-esque and more Malibu. That's Elle Woods. 


Lauren. Her voice is pretty good. I could see her being Elle. She's only 18, but she's got spunk. But overall, I don't think she's the best. 

Lindsey....poor girl got the boot last night. Not shocking, she really didn't have the singing talent (not that she isn't still a great singer). The role of Elle is very hard. She is ridiculously gorgeous though. And again, I wish my hair would do that. 



Natalie. She's a bit of an underdog. They don't feature her much. She might be able to pull it off. Her voice is pretty good. Not one of my favorites though. 


Rhiannon. If you would have asked me which girl was my fave on the first episode, I would have picked Rhiannon. She's cute and quirky, but dare I say it TOO PEPPY for Elle. She's just a little too wide-eyed and innocent. I could see her going far in the competition though. Girl can sing. 

So...if I were to pick the top 3 right now, they would be: Bailey, Emma and Rhiannon. And it has nothing to do with the fact that they are all currently blonde. It has nothing to do with that. Hair can be dyed, but I just feel that overall they embody Elle the best. If I had to pick a winner right now, it would be Bailey...if she can lose the accent. After all, Laura Bell Bundy is from Kentucky....

Just so everyone knows what these girls have to aspire to:


No comments: