Wednesday, June 25, 2008

"The drape incident is another reason why Jeff Lewis is frightening"-Jenni

Can I please just say, how freaking much I am in love with the TV show "Flipping Out"? BEYOND love. I forgot how much I love Jeff Lewis and his insanity. Let alone his gaggle of assistants. I especially love his housekeeper, Zoila. 90% of the time I have no idea what she's talking about, and I don't think that anyone else does either. 

I think my fascination with Jeff Lewis stems from my love for gays with OCD. Seriously, my two best friends have different forms of OCD. I have it as well. It works. Now, none of us are to the level that Jeff Lewis is at....but there are moments. 

Last night's episode had so many Grant moments. My best friend for nearly the past 10 years (that just seems crazy to us) is nuts. I mean honestly. I LOVE him. But he KNOWS that he is completely bonkers. For example, Jeff was in the car talking to his assistant, Jenni, about pizza. He wanted meatball pizza. She wanted half meatball, half pepperoni because she wanted a variety. He was concerned that there would not be enough of the meatball pizza for himself and Zoila. Jenni responded by basically telling him that he was crazy. The argument seriously went on for about 2 minutes. 

I cannot even tell you HOW MANY times Grant and I have had similar, stupid, pointless arguments. Our whole friendship, we've only had 2 real fights. A monumental one this year on an ill-fated trip to Sunriver, and one a few years ago that involved fake Louis Vuitton and his desire for me to lie for him (I rarely lie, and this was just plain stupid). So as you can see we do not fight about anything that even really matters. We have even agreed that the Sunriver trip was ridiculous. But seriously, this show just reminds me SO MUCH of our friendship. 

I hope this season is super long. I don't know how I LIVED without Jeff's insanity for a whole year. 

P.S. I realized today that I have the TV show taste of a gay man this summer. Shows that I'm watching on a regular are:

1. Legally Blonde, the search for the next Elle Woods....it goes without saying that a show about Elle Woods+Broadway+bitchy Broadway queens=something that I will watch, and is probably loved by bitchy Broadway queens that I would want to befriend. Alas, being surrounded by gay men in most social situations, I have no gays to discuss Broadway with...my life is incomplete. 

2. Flipping Out

3. Shear Genius (STARTS TONIGHT) I am so excited. Its about hairstylists...and its amazing. I am waiting for Bravo to come out with a reality show about makeup artists. That would be completely BRILLIANT. I would LOVE. 

4. Project Runway starts in less than a month!

5. Kathy Griffin: My Life on the D-List-I am beyond obsessed with her. She is completely hilarious. She deserves an Emmy for every episode of this show, every comedy special she has done, TV guest appearances, etc....she is phenom. 

I think that's all I'm obsessing over this summer. I watch a lot of TV if you can't tell. Always have. 

I sunk to a new low the other day by reading an entire cheesy (and it was semi bad) CSI:NY book. It was not written by the writers of the show. But the plot sounded decent (mostly focused on my fake detective BF, Don Flack) so I thought I'd give it a shot. It was a very quick read. Cheestastic. The show is WAY better. But I needed something to tide me over until the end of September when it comes back.....

Ah....summer....

No comments: