Thursday, June 26, 2008

Thursday musings....

Ok, this is going to be a scattered post. Mostly because I feel the need to write all of this down. 

1. My friend Drew pointed out to me last night after I asked him if the scene on Flipping Out where they are arguing about pizza toppings reminded him of Grant and I (or potentially anyone and Grant)...because its HIGHLY plausible, that we DID have an argument on that horrid trip to Sunriver ABOUT PIZZA. Not so much toppings, but pizza nonetheless. HILARIOUS. I totes forgot about that one!

2. Shear Genius is awesome. Although I miss Sally Hershberger. Kim Vo has always been "meh" to me. Just so so. I've never really cared either way. He SMILES LIKE A CRAZY PERSON though. And, for someone that is supposedly a color expert, his hair color is awful. Its like straw blonde. Blech. 

3. Last night's Mets vs. Mariners (I'm supposed to like them, being from the NW and all...but I never have) was phenomenal. My fake BF Davey Wright had the day off on Tuesday after a HUGE error that esentially cost them the game. His first error in 27 games mind you, it does not happen often. My man is NEAR perfection. Without him, btw, the Mets lost horribly on Tuesday, 0-11. Seattle ISN'T EVEN a good team! 

So his first time up at bat, what does he do? Oh, he hits a single home run....then in the 2nd inning, what does he do? OH HE HITS ANOTHER HOME RUN, this time a double. Then in the 3rd Jose Reyes (I can obvs tell that he and DW are total BFFs) hit a three-run homer. 

They won 8-2. They lost the series, BUT they didn't lose that last game. AND they're still (barely) ahead of the Braves in the NL East (I loathe the Braves (and Chipper Jones) with the fire of 1000 suns). 

So it was a good day :-)

P.S. I am becoming more than obsessed with Michael Ian Black's blog. I discovered it yesterday after researching when the AMAZING tv show "The State" was coming out on DVD (no release date yet...sadness...mtv sucks. The set is READY). 

For those who have no idea who I am talking about:
1. Shame on you. 
2. Most people would recognize him from Vh1's "I love the...." series (currently I love the new millennium...which is AWESOME) as the most hilarious commentator. 
3. Wet Hot American Summer (if you haven't seen this movie, your life is not complete). 
4. The TV show, Ed.
5. STELLA...my favorite comedy group and a short lived hilarious show on comedy central that nobody watched and was canceled after a mere 9 episodes (I think it was 9...). I own the DVD set and it is amazing. Michael Showalter has long been my not so secret comedian crush. 
6. And various other things. 

His blog is here and I cannot wait to read his book. 
http://michaelianblack.typepad.com/

No comments: