Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Wah-hundred

Here's 100 facts that you probably will never need to know about me. 

1. I cringe when I hear people mispronounce words like “frustrated” or “Oregon”, “window sill”… “fuss-trated”, “Ore-gone”, and “window seal”.
2. I also get extremely annoyed when people do not know the difference between your and you’re, they’re, their and there, two, to and too, accept and except…etc. 
3. But I NEVER correct them on it.
4. I tend to bottle things up inside.

5. It backfires at least one time a year. 
6. Sometimes I like being antisocial. 
7. Sometimes I like being around lots of friends. 
8. Sometimes I can’t bear to be with more than 2 people. 
9. Those two people are usually my best friends Grant and Drew. 
10. We almost always have fun. 
11. We have our own language that has developed over the years. 
12. Very few people seem to understand it. It slips out from time to time.

13. But we think its awesome when people use the words around us. We feel like we’re changing the world. 
14. We’re the weirdest people ever. Mostly Grant and I. 
15. I hate talking on the phone. I would much rather text. 
16. The only person I talk to on the phone on a regular basis is Grant. Because we can talk about the stupidest things. 
17. I think everyone should have a friend like that. 
18. I hate my eyebrows. Correction. I hate my RIGHT eyebrow. 
19. I get extremely jealous of other people’s eyebrows. And that’s kinda creepy. 
20. I also have never embraced my crazy hair. I kind of hate that too. 
21. I think most people are pretty. 
22. I am very tall and I hate it. 
23. I love tall men. 
24. It bothers me when tall men date very short women. I don’t think its fair. 
25. Because I would NEVER date a very short man. Awkward. See: the episode of Saved by the Bell where Jesse goes on that date with the short guy and its really awkward. But I never learned the life lesson from that episode. 
26. I realize that’s kinda shallow. 
27. But I’m not a shallow person. 
28. I hate driving. 
29. I’m not very good at it. 
30. I watch way too much tv. 
31. I currently have 14 season passes set up on my TiVo. But not all of them record right now (they’re shows that come on various points of the year)
32. But I watch more shows than that. 
33. Top priority aka MUST watch shows: CSI:NY, The Office, Grey’s Anatomy (although it was pretty craptastic last year), The Soup, and The Graham Norton Show. 
34. I hate reality tv on networks. (except Beauty and the Geek)
35. But I love it on cable. 
36. This summer I will be watching a lot of it. Legally Blonde (kind of a dud so far), Flipping Out (I love me some OCD), Kathy Griffin (that woman can do no wrong in my book. She is HILAR), and Shear Genius (yeah, that show is a piece of CRAP but it IS entertaining), and OF COURSE the best reality show OF ALL TIME Project Runway. 
37. I used to be obsessed with the Backstreet Boys.
38. I still love them. 
39. I adore musicals. 
40. I mean really LOVE LOVE LOVE musicals. 
41. Its because my mom made me listen to them my whole life. 
42. This is also why I LOVE Harry Connick Jr. 
43. I am thankful to my mom for making me listen to both musicals and Harry, because I can’t imagine my life without them. 
44. I have seen the movie “Romy and Michele’s High School Reunion” more times than is probably healthy.
45. I can’t wait for my reunion. I’m totally ordering the businesswomen’s special and telling people that I invented the special kind of glue on post its. (I’m totally the Michele and my best friend is Romy). 
46. I loved high school. 
47. I really love movies that involve high school. 
48. I can be immature sometimes. 
49. I gossip, but not as much as some people. EVERYONE GOSSIPS. 
50. If I could trade lives for one day with any celebrity, it would be Idina Menzel. 
51. So that I could sing like her. And be married to Taye Diggs. (Side note...they NEED to have a child. It would be phenomenally gorgeous. The world might not be able to handle it).
52. I am a terrible singer. 
53. I love dancing, but rarely do it in public. 
54. Because I look like a total goober. 
55. One day I want to learn the whole “Thriller” dance. Because it looks like SO MUCH FUN. 
56. I bite my nails. 
57. I take pride in the fact that I know more celeb gossip than any normal person should. 
58. But I never read Perez Hilton anymore, because that man is vile. 
59. I also RARELY watch any of the entertainment tv shows, and I hate TMZ. 
60. There’s a difference in general celeb gossip and then there’s crossing the line. TMZ crosses the line. 
61. I generally don’t care about most of the stories that are reported. 
62. I get my weird sense of humor from my dad. 
63. My dad is not my “biological dad”. But he’s the dad I’ve had a relationship with since I was 5. 
64. My biological dad passed away last year. It was hard to grieve, because I didn’t know him as well as I should have. 
65. If my “step dad”, who I have NEVER called that, died I would not be able to get out of bed. I would be devastated. 
66. Same with my mom. 
67. The hardest thing I’ve ever had to go through was the loss of my Grandpa Jack. We were extremely close. 
68. I think about him all the time. So many little things remind me of him. Any time I use a post-it (he used to work for 3M, probably where I inherited my office supply obsession), when I see readers digest at the store, family circus cartoons, and every time I eat a cheese, mustard and lettuce sandwich (he used to make those for me every day after school, when I was little that's all I ever would eat). 
69. Typing that made me cry. 
70. He died on Easter. 
71. My grandma is an extremely strong woman. 
72. If I could trade lives with any non-celebrity for one day, it would be her. 
73. She IS a celebrity in NE Portland. If you don’t know Grandma Jean, you’re hanging out with the wrong people. 
74. And everyone calls her Grandma Jean. 
75. I secretly love the Maury show. 
76. I know more Sex and the City trivia than anyone. TRY to stump me. You can’t. 
77. I own way too much makeup. 
78. I think makeup is a beautiful artform. 

79. Its probably the only type of art that I’m good at. 
80. I’m obsessed with bedding. 
81. Republicans/Conservatives drive me crazy. 
82. So do religious fanatics of any kind. 
83. I am Christian, but I have developed my own beliefs within the religion. 
84. I support gay marriage 100%. 
85. I don’t think religion should mix with politics. 
86. Which is why Republicans annoy me. 
87. I bake frequently.
88. I love Graham Norton. I wish American talk show hosts were that hilarious. 
89. I love stand up comedy. 
90. I buy way too many bath products. 
91. I’ve been told that I always smell really good. 
92. Bad dental hygiene grosses me out. 
93. I’ve never had a cavity. 
94. Sometimes I am obsessively compulsively clean and neat, other times I am a complete slob. It’s cyclical. 
95. I don’t like the color orange very much. 
96. I like the color purple way too much.
97. I hated baseball until I fell in love with the 3rd baseman for the NY Mets, David Wright. Now, I love it. 
98. I have hilarious friends. 
99. If I had to be, I could be a vegetarian. 
100. But not a vegan, because I LOVE cheese. I mean LOVE.


No comments: